The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) provides general access to public authority information helping the public to understand how public authorities carry out their duties, make decisions and spend public money.
The FOIA provides exemptions where information can be withheld. We will explain fully in our response why any information is withheld.
If the request will require work in excess of 18 hours to repond to, we can ask that you submit a less expansive request. We will provde guidance on how to do this if possible.
Further guidance about the FOIA can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
Submitting an FOI request
All FOI requests must be submitted in writing and should include a correspondence address.
Write to: NHS Birmingham and Solihull CCG, Senior Information Governance Manager, First Floor, Wesleyan, Colmore Circus, Birmingham, B4 6AR.
On receipt of your request, a confirmation receipt will be sent within two working days. A response will then be sent to you within 20 working days from the date of receipt of your request. If we are unable to provide you with a response within this time, we will write explaining why and when we expect to answer your request.
What to do if you are unhappy with our response
If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can request a review by contacting the Senior Information Governance Manager using our contact details listed above.
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request following the CCG's review, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner.
Write to: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
FOI feedback form
We would like to get your feedback to monitor our standards of processing FOI requests. If you would like to provide feedback on how your FOI request has been handled, please fill in the FOI feedback form.
Under the FOIA public authorities are encouraged to publish a disclosure log which contains details of all requests responded to. The CCG's disclosure log will be updated on a monthly basis.
The FOIA requires Birmingham and Solihull CCG to adopt and maintain a publication scheme which should specify which classes of information it intends to publish.
- Who we are and what we do: Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts
- What we spend and how we spend it: Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit
- What are our priorities and how are we doing: Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews
- How we make decisions: Decision-making processes and records of decisions
- Our policies and procedures: Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities
- Lists and registers: Current maintained list and registers
- The services we offer: Information about the services we offer including leaflets, guidance and newsletters.
We will review our publication scheme at regular intervals, monitoring how it is operating, and add information wherever we can.