The CCG’s communications and engagement strategy for 2018/20 was approved by the Governing Body in September 2018. The strategy is evidence based, and incorporates feedback from CCG lay advisors for patient and public involvement, CCG GP locality leads, patient representatives and Healthwatch Birmingham.
The Governing Body receives regular updates on the progress of the communications and engagement strategy. In September 2019, the Governing Body approved the revised communications, engagement and patient experience delivery plan (September 2019 - August 2020). In addition, the CCG's external internal auditors gave a rating of 'significant assurance' to the CCG's communication and engagement approach.
You can access these documents below:
- Communications and engagement strategy 2018/20
- Governing Body update – September 2018
- Governing Body update – February 2019
- Governing Body update - October 2019
- Governing Body update - February 2020
- NHS Birmingham and Solihull CCG Internal Audit Report 2018/19
- Communications, engagement and patient experience delivery plan 2019/20
- Equality analysis - communications and engagement strategy
Our ambition will not be achieved unless local people are at the heart of everything we do. The CCG’s aim to improve the health of local people requires us to understand, and act on, what really matters to local people and to bring them with us as active partners in decisions about their health and NHS services. Everyone has a stake in the health of their community; an engaged and supportive public, can provide a powerful mandate and resource for our work as it evolves.
The CCG’s engagement model has been built from the blueprint of the co-produced structure designed with patients, and supported by the Office of Public Management (now Traverse), following an independent review in 2016. It also takes into account the recommendations from Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull’s review in 2018; you can see the action plan, which was updated in January 2020, and how we're getting on here.
This is how you can get involved:
Get in touch
You can contact us in the following ways:
- Call 0121 203 3341
- Reach us through our social media channels.