Medical Receptionist for a Doctor’s surgery - Downsfield Medical Centre
We are looking for a part time receptionist on a permanent basis at a busy GP surgery. This position is available immediately and would be great for anyone without a notice period although all applicants welcome. The hours on offer will be up to 15 hours over two days.
Medical receptionists are the first point of contact for patients either face to face at reception or via the telephone dealing with patient inquiries. You will provide a receptionist service and administrative support at the practice for management of appointments and maintenance of records.
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Telephone reception and message service
- Documentation management
- Making appointments on the computer
- Filing and scanning clinic letters
- Ensuring patient confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Updating records
- Liaising with patients and members of the clinical team
- Issuing repeat prescriptions
- Patient related admin tasks.
- Previous reception and administrative experience
- Ability to working on your own initiative and in a team.
- Available to work extra hours when required
- Excellent IT skills
- First rate telephone manner
- Confident liaising with patients and members of the clinical team
- Highly organised
- Strong admin skills
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Previous GP Surgery reception experience
- Experience using SystmOne clinical system
- Medical experience
Salary and benefits
Salary will depend on experience. You will also have access to the NHS Pension.
Please e-mail your application with an up to date CV and covering letter.
You will be contacted by telephone once received.
For further information regarding this post please call the surgery on 0121 743 2626 and ask to speak to the practice manager.