Cotmore Surgery is seeking to employ a motivated and enthusiastic secretary to join our busy but friendly medical practice. Working 18 hours per week, negotiable, the successful candidate would provide secretarial support to three GPs carrying out a range of administrative functions.
Candidates must have excellent telephone manner, customer service, fast/accurate word-processing skills and be comfortable using a variety of IT systems with a friendly and confident manner.
The role will involve:
- Making referrals using the NHS e-referral system
- Liaising with hospitals and other professional organisations concerning referrals
- Dealing with correspondence (both letters and emails)
- Expediting hospital appointments and chasing results
- Actioning tasks sent by the doctors and clinical staff
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from patients, relatives and carers
- Dealing with insurance/legal/medical report requests
Essential skills required:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent typing skills
- Competent in MS Word and IT proficient
Preference will be given to candidates with the following additional skills:
- Knowledge of EMIS web (our clinical IT system)
- Knowledge of the NHS e-referral system
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of Docman workflow management system
- Experience of working in a GP surgery.
How to apply:
Apply in writing, together with your CV, to: Mrs Annette Dudley, Cotmore Surgery, 169 Old Oscott Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham. B44 8TU
Friday 1 March 2019