Downsfield Medical Centre is a forward thinking practice with a friendly team comprising of two partners and one salaried GP, one health care assistant and an administration team. We are based in Birmingham with a total list size of 3700 patients.
We are a teaching practice and we have in-house teaching/clinical meetings, and 3 monthly multidisciplinary meetings.
We use the SystmOne and are a paper light practice,
We are looking to appoint a practice nurse on a part time basis.
The Practice Nurse is a fundamental and integral part of our clinical team and is responsible for providing a high quality nursing service for the practice population.
The Practice Nurse must be able to demonstrate their registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) by providing a current P.I.N.
The Practice Nurse is expected to work in accordance with the NMC Code and is responsible for maintaining revalidation with the NMC.
- Childhood immunisations
- Cervical cytology
- Phlebotomy and other pathology tests and in-house testing
- Public Health vaccination and immunisation programmes
- Keep accurate and up-to-date patient records
- Work with the clinical and admin teams to maximise resources
- Audit, research and evaluation of the practice nursing service
- Supervision of Practice Health Care Assistant and organising any short-term additional nursing requirements
- Provide specialist advice as appropriate.
- This list is not exhaustive, and there may be other responsibilities which may be carried out depending on practice circumstances and requirements.
Salary depending on skills and experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Please contact Suzy Bhogal, Practice Manager on 0121 743 2626 should you wish to have an informal chat or be interested in visiting the practice.