- 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
- Shifts ranging from 8:30am until 6:30pm
Type of contract: Permanent
- MMP North Birmingham – 1 vacancy
- MMP Central Birmingham – 1 vacancy
Midlands Medical Partnership (MMP) is a Birmingham super-partnership currently caring for 67,000 NHS Birmingham and Solihull CCG patients across North and Central Birmingham operating out of 11 sites. The partnership was established in April 2009 and continues to grow as a single integrated primary care provider, alongside collaborative working with other similar organisations in our region as part of its strategic forward view.
This dynamic partnership with a team of over 200 clinicians and staff is managed by a single executive board, with centralised organisational functions, strong leadership and clinical governance structures. The ambition and vision of the partnership is to provide large scale, integrated, multi-speciality care for our patients; enabling us to improve the range and quality of patient services, improve access and patient responsiveness.
We are looking for 2 full time 37.5 hours per week Social Prescribers working out of one of our sites based either in the North or Central of Birmingham.
As a social prescriber you will be flexible, approachable and adaptable; working across different MMP sites. Supporting patients with long term conditions, those experiencing isolation, or have other needs that affect their well-being and who may find it difficult to access established services for whatever reason.
You will achieve this by working closely with:
- Site teams both clinical and non-clinical
- Community and mental health services
- Care navigators
- As well as other local voluntary organisations in a truly multi-agency approach.
We are looking for social prescribers that:
- Have an understanding of the voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors
- Determined to have a positive impact on the services we deliver to our patients
- Have experience of working within the health sector and multiple stakeholders
- Have experience of giving advise / education to individuals with long term conditions
- Can communicate well with patients, carers, volunteers, colleagues and with professional staff in other organisations.
A copy of the job description and to discuss salary is available upon request: please call Janice Wilson, HR Administrator on 0121 647 5822.