We want to help everyone in Birmingham and Solihull to live the healthiest and happiest lives possible.
Operating as part of the Birmingham and Solihull Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP), we will work together with our partners to align our focus and resources to making this vision a reality for everyone in Birmingham and Solihull.
In order to deliver this vision, we need to work together to transform the health and care system and make it one that:
- Focusses on prevention
- Promotes independence
- Delivers excellence in health and care
This will lead to improved health and well-being; improved access to quality services; and maximise resources and productivity.
We aim to be part of a fully integrated health and social care system in the future, operating on the basis of place, in how we provide, deliver and commission for our citizens and population.
Our core values, which underpin the ethos of Birmingham and Solihull CCG, are:
- Working together for patients – Patients will come first in everything we do.
- Respect and dignity – We will treat everyone with respect and dignity, regardless of whether they are a patient, carer or member of staff.
- Commitment to quality of care – We aspire to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism in the provision of high-quality care that is safe, effective and focused on patient experience.
- Compassion – As well as respect and dignity we will treat individual patients, carers and relatives with sensitivity and kindness.
- Improving lives – We seek to improve the health and wellbeing of patients, communities and staff through professionalism, innovation and excellence in care.
- Everyone counts – We have a responsibility to maximise the benefits we obtain from NHS resources, ensuring they are distributed fairly to those most in need. Nobody should be discriminated or disadvantaged, and everyone should be treated with equal respect and importance.
We expect our values to be shared by the providers we commission to deliver services in Birmingham and Solihull. We will seek to ensure that contracts require this and that our values are demonstrated through regular reporting, monitoring and observation of service delivery.