Birmingham and Solihull CCG works with a variety of partners across a complex health and care landscape, which includes our population, member practices, neighbouring clinical commissioning groups, as well as hospital trusts, community trust, ambulance service and a vibrant third sector.
We also work as part of a wider group across health and social care called a Sustainability and Transformation Partnership. This is made up of NHS organisations and local authorities working together to meet the growing demand for health and care in line with the available resources, in a bid to make high quality care sustainable now and for future generations.
The CCG is responsible for commissioning (buying) health services for our patients such as planned hospital care, rehabilitative care, urgent and emergency care – which includes out-of-hours services, most community health services and mental health and learning disability services.
Our largest providers are:
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
- The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust