- Birmingham Children's Hospital top-tips for winter illness
- Flu resources in community languages - Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Punjabi, Slovak and Somali
- Flu 2020/21 video messages from local GP practices - Arabic, Romanian and Urdu
- PHE flu campaign resources 2020
Administration of the flu vaccine
- Written Instruction for the administration of seasonal ‘flu vaccination (2020/21 version)
- The national flu immunisation programme for 2020 to 2021 slideset
- The childhood flu immunisation programme for 2020 to 2021 slideset
Primary care resources for professional use
- Assessing unwell children - GP remote consultation guide
- Bronchiolitis in primary care presentation - Detailed information about Bronchiolitis for professional
- Public Health England RSV communications toolkit - Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV): symptoms, transmission, prevention, treatment.
- Bronchiolitis pathway for primary care - Clinical Assessment / Management Tool for Children Younger than 1 year old with suspected Bronchiolitis
- The Decision Maker's Guide to Bronchiolitis Assessment - useful and easy to read reference to give GPs more practical information
As a reminder, there are two options for contacting Consultant led Paediatrics
- Birmingham Women’s and Children’s' Hospital - Paediatric same day/urgent referral for Birmingham Children’s Hospital: go through switchboard 0121 333 9999 and ask for RMO1.
- University Hospital Birmingham - UHB Paediatric same day/urgent referral (9am-5pm) - 0121 582 3120. Feedback on this new service (both Clinician and Patient experience) will be much appreciated.
Coughs including RSV
Information professionals can share with parents and carers
- Parent information leaflet Children and Young People
- Coughs including RSV under 1, July 2021
- Coughs including RSV over 1, July 2021
- Covering letter to parents - respiratory surge information for schools