Our GP practices are offering free testing to diagnose latent TB; treatment is easy and helps prevent developing TB in the future.
Latent TB does not have any symptoms, therefore the only way to find out if the bacteria is latent in your body, is to get tested. If you meet the criteria below, contact your GP or practice nurse to book a free test:
- are aged between 16-35
- arrived in UK within the last five years
- have lived in one of the countries listed below:
- What should I know about TB?
- Latent tuberculosis patient information leaflet
- LTBI community screening events March 2019 report
If you would like to find out more, visit one of our upcoming local community events; details on the events page.